1.  Who are we?

    PIONEER provides educational counseling service for students who are seeking overseas education.

  2. What are the countries that PIONEER represents?

    Colleges, Universities of UK, Australia, United States, and Canada PIONEER will provide you the lists of Colleges and universities that we represent.

  3.  What are the some of the documents required in applying for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees?

    – Application Form and fees (if applicable)
    – Transcript in English
    – Tenth, Intermediate Mark lists (Xerox copy with attested)
    – IELTS / TOEFL score
    – GRE / SAT score
    – GMAT and work experience are required for some business related programs.
    – Two or three letters of recommendation from either your instructor or former employer.
    – Bank Statement & Affidavit of Support
    – Personal Statement
    – Resume/CV

  4. How long does it take for a response after the application has been submitted?

    It usually takes about 1-3 weeks, but depending on the subjects and degrees applied for, it could be longer or shorter.

  5. Do the universities have ranking?

    Students should not put too much importance on rankings as a university ranked low overall may have a high ranking in the student’s area of interest. PIONEER can advise you on this subject.
    – For Australia and Canada, there are no academic rankings.
    – For England, ranking information is available at British Council, Bangkok.
    – For United States, ranking information is available at: www.usnews.com

  6. If applying, what English test is required?

    Both TOEFL and IELTS are acceptable. However, IELTS is preferred in England and Australia. While TOEFL is preferred in United States and Canada.

  7. What are the benefits in applying through PIONEER?

    – By applying direct, students will have to gather information, contact, and follow up on the application and accommodation by themselves. These processes often consume time and cost.
    – PIONEER will provide you with up to date information on the entire process of your study abroad experience. PIONEER, on your behalf, will co-ordinate with the universities in submitting and following up on the applications and the accommodation. In addition, our staff can assist and advise you on student visa and travel arrangements.

  8. Are students allowed to work while studying?

    – For England, international students are allowed to work, but no longer than 20 hours per week.
    – In Australia, international students are allowed to work only if students have a work permit and working hours should not exceed 20 hours per week. To obtain the work permit, student must be enrolled in a course at the university.

    – International students in the United States is allowed to work only within the university campus and should not exceed 20 hours per week.
    – In Canada, students that enrolled to short courses (less than 6 months) are not entitled to work. International students are allowed to work only within the university campus, but working hours should not exceed 10 hours per week.

  9. What if I do not have the IELTS results or if the result does not meet the university’s requirements, can I still apply for a Postgraduate program?

    Universities will not unconditionally accept an applicant without IELTS or TOEFL results. However a student may be accepted with the condition that the student must summit the IELTS or TOEFL results with the acceptable score or above before a given date. Students may also be accepted with condition that they are required to attend an intensive or pre-session English class before attending academic classes. The duration of the class will depend on the students’ level of English.

  10. Do I have to take the IELTS / TOEFL test again after I have completed the universities’ English courses?

    Sometimes but frequently the universities have their own English test at the end of the course. Check with your counselor for more details.

  11. If I would like to apply for a postgraduate degree but my qualifications do not meet the university requirements, what should I do?

    First, you might consider other courses or universities that may accept your qualifications. You may consider taking an entrance exam such as the GRE or GMAT as a good score on these tests will enhance your application. You may also consider postponing your study and gain more work experience.

  12. Can I apply for Business Degree but having no degree from the related fields?

    Yes, but it would depend on each of the university’s terms and conditions or you may need commensurate work experience. Your PIONEER can advise you on specifics.

  13. If applying for MBA, is GMAT required by the universities?

    GMAT is a requirement for students applying for MBA to most universities in United States and Canada. For England and Australia, only particular universities require GMAT.

  14. Comparing between countries will there be any difference in terms of English accent?

    English accent or pronunciation varies between cities and countries. You may want to consider taking an English course in the country where you will be studying even if you have achieved the required IELTS or TOEFL score. This will also help your minimize “culture shock”.